Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Shattered Picture

Was I mistaken to have thought that the world knew of a common courtesy to treat a person with respect. Am I Naive to have believed that as long as I walked the paths less taken that I would never have to embrace the hard winds that so often knock me over into a stumbling confusion. Yet here I lay, picturing myself with the young man who intentionally tried to take my last breath. We are but two children, conversing about what and/or who we are going to be when we grow up. We are laughing because we feel so invincible to danger, and we just know that we have our whole lives before we ever come face to face to hurt, sickness and defeat. But, now we are terrified, because we know that soon the day will come where all of our fears that we never acknowledged, now become the reality. In an instance this picture is shattered by a deathly pain in my left hand. Should I then try to reach out to him with my right? Perhaps he too could picture that the grass is greener on the other side. Or am I naive to even try. Who would that make me if I just let him die?

3 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work!

    --Hubby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lil McMillin, I have been in a simualr place to you. I myself was active duty air force and had my whole life flipped upside down when I alsomst lost my life because the actions of another person. Also, I still think of that day on a daily occuarance. So please trust me you are not the only one feeling the those thoughts. I personally take responsiblity for it and blame myself for it. But I do know I am better for what happened to me 2943 days ago. Stay storng like I know you are and keep the faith that you were brought up to embrace.

    -your fathers friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Again, it sure is comforting to know that we aren't the only one's that have experiences such as these. What are ways that you coped with your situation?

    ReplyDelete